Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sowul, Renewing

I'm back!

I know it's been a very long time since my last post- about two months- so I feel I need to explain my absence. For that explanation, and in keeping with the theme of this blog, let me show you what I've been reading for the past two months.


Surprise! I am currently 15 weeks- a little over 3 months- pregnant. While this was a very happy miracle, I didn't have the easiest first trimester, due to continual "morning" sickness and some extra complications from a preexisting medical condition. I was also constantly getting sick from all the germs floating around school this time of year. So for the past few months, I haven't been able to do much more than go to work. If I wasn't working, I was either sleeping or lying on the couch, watching TV. Unfortunately, both reading and blogging seemed out of my reach at the time. I didn't feel I had the mental or creative energy. 

I did learn something important about myself- I'm never going to be the "tortured artist" type. My creativity level goes right down when I'm not feeling well physically or mentally! Apparently, my brand of writing needs a certain level of well-being to thrive.

I am happy to say that now that I'm in my second trimester, I feel much more healthy and energetic. I'm ready to resume some of my normal activities again, like exercising, cooking, and (of course) reading, writing and blogging. 

Though I haven't been posting, this blog has not been absent from my thoughts. I did manage to read a number of good books once my brain went numb from all the television, and I'm looking forward to posting about them. I'd also signed up in the fall for an online class, "How to Blog," which ran for the month of February, and while it was a little more basic than I'd hoped, I did glean some good tips. 

I'm gratified to see that in my absence, my audience has not completely disappeared. Many of my previous posts have gotten page views in the last two months. Thank you to those of you who've stuck around and continued to check the page. I'm very touched by your loyalty and promise to provide you with new material from now on. 

If you do know someone, personally or digitally, who used to read this blog but gave up on it during my absence, please pass this post along to let them know of my plans to return and renew. I have some great posts lined up for this week and would hate for anyone to miss them! 

To close, I just want to say thank you to my husband, who did a fantastic job of caring for me and picking up the slack while I was having a rough time. Much better times are ahead!

See you all tomorrow- It's so good to be back!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful reason to be absent from your blog! Congrats again! Looking forward to reading your upcoming posts.

    ReplyDelete