Thursday, April 12, 2012

Update on JK Rowling Book

Extra, extra! Read all about it! J.K. Rowling's new book will be released on September 27, 2012, according to this Huffington Post article. The title of the book is also revealed:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jk-rowling-new-book-release-date

The Casual Vacancy. Sounds like a mystery to me. I'm very, very curious to see how this book will turn out. It looks to be nothing like the Harry Potter series. It's not a fantasy, not set in a child's world. In fact, it seems as grown-up as it gets. A parish council? A small town at war with itself? Clearly, this is set in the world of petty adults. I'm grateful that Rowling has gone in such a wildly different direction. It will be much easier for her readers to be shocked that this writer also penned the Harry Potter series, rather than be disappointed that this writer also penned The Casual Vacancy.


As I predicted in my post Can Rowling Recapture the Magic? Rowling released this information on her newly launched website today. I have to admit, I miss the old website. This one is informative, but it lacks the cluttered-desk graphics of the Harry Potter-centered site. I respect her desire to go in a different direction, but wish she could have kept a link to her old site.

http://www.jkrowling.com/

I would be anticipating this book more if it were a Harry Potter book, but I'll still look forward to this new offering from Rowling, whose talents I respect beyond measure. Only problem is, by the time the book comes out, I'll probably need a babysitter just to sit down and read it. Mom? Anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Nanna Sowul will be happy to babysit...........

    ReplyDelete