Thursday, November 22, 2012

November Thankfulness

This month, on Facebook, I joined some of my friends by daily posting something I was thankful for, leading up to Thanksgiving. Here are all of my posts for the month. Thanksgiving is so early this year, there were only 21!

11/1- Today I'm thankful for my little boy's smile!
11/2- Today I'm thankful for my husband always asking if I need anything when he's on his way home!
11/3- Today I am thankful for my mother-in-law, who gave me a gift certificate to my favorite massage place for no reason at all! I used it today and feel great!
11/4- Today I am thankful for my great-grandmother's chicken soup recipe. The most delicious "Jewish Penicillin" ever. Serving it with matzoh balls for dinner tonight!
11/5- Today I am thankful for my good health, and the fact that it didn't take me very long at all to feel completely recovered from pregnancy and labor. My son's first 8 weeks would have been a lot harder if I hadn't had that in my favor!
11/6- Today I am thankful that I have the right to vote for my country's leaders. And I really, really hope that tomorrow I can be thankful that Barack Obama is still president.
11/7- Today I'm thankful that the election is over and we can all try to come together as a country again. Last June I did a piece about a baseball game with my 4th grade band at Beekman, and we all wore baseball caps. I told the audience, "We're all wearing hats of opposing teams, but we're still making music together." That's what this country needs to do now.
11/8- Today I am thankful for disposable diapers! Best. Invention. Ever.
11/9- Today I am thankful for my dad, who gives so much of himself to care for his family, and is one of my favorite people to spend time with! Going for SoCo milkshakes today!
11/10- Today I am thankful for funny television shows!
11/11- Today I am thankful for my son skipping a night feeding for the first time! I was only up for half an hour in the middle of the night!
11/12- After the first night of "sleeping through the night," Edwin woke up about thirty times last night. So I guess today what I'm thankful for is coffee!
11/13- Today I am thankful for my Ari, who has been my beautiful companion for eight years this month.
11/14- Today I am thankful for our comfortable home. I've spent a lot of time in it for the last several months, and I still love it!
11/15- Today I am thankful for online shopping! Much easier than taking Edwin out to buy Christmas presents. And it has the added bonus of getting excited when the FedEx truck comes up the street!
11/16- Today I am thankful for chocolate!
11/17- Today I am thankful for a much-needed nap! Thanks to my mother-in-law for watching the baby, the baby for not needing to eat, and Ari for being a very snuggly, purry nap partner!
11/18- Today I am thankful for my collection of CHRISTMAS TREE SPODE that I am getting out TODAY!
11/19- Today I am thankful for the elliptical in my basement so I can work out while Edwin plays on his mat!
11/20- Today I am thankful for the comfortable, private nursing room at the Danbury mall! How thoughtful of the architects. So glad I've been giving this mall my business for so many years!
11/21- Today I am thankful for so many things! I'm thankful that my husband is home for 5 days; that we have a lot of family time planned; that the Christmas season officially starts tomorrow, and we are already decorating; that we are taking Edwin to our favorite diner for the first time this morning! But the thing I am most thankful for is the sound of my son laughing last night, over and over again, at my husband's silly noises. There is no feeling in the world like hearing your baby really laugh for the first time!

And here's my last one for today, Thanksgiving day:

11/22- Today I am thankful for the written word. Whether I am reading or writing them, words are the love of my life.

Except my family, of course!

Happy Thanksgiving America!


Love this Norman Rockwell painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment